Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2009 01:00

Customer Service? does that mean anything anymore?

a simple request to return and or exchange a product that i was misinformed about has been a nightmare. my experience with dell has been nothing short of appalling. The customer service reps are inadequately educated in their jobs. Also there are no other contact numbers outside of customer service to help. I'm am going to keep this brief and not include all the issues that arose while placing this order, waiting for delivery and the multiple attempts to get this rectified. I will focus on the very last call which is a perfect example of my experience with dell. The External bluray drive part number 313-7799 is what I have been trying to return or exchange. I purposely contacted CS prier to purchasing, to find out if the drive was compatible with my pc and was told it was. upon arriving, I found that the drive was not at all compatible. when i contacted dell i was told i needed to purchase another component to make it work.

Had i been told this in advance i would have purchased another model. Instead of purchasing the rather pricey extra component i opted to return the drive and purchase a different model. I have yet to be able to do so. When i contact CS, i am transferred endlessly and each person listens to my case and just keeps transferring me. finally i was directed to my final rep who tried to convince me that there was no blu ray drive on my account, even tho i had the paper invoice in front of me and the electronic one up on my pc screen as well as the fact that every rep before was able to see it, she attempted to end the call by saying she could not help me. I told her this was unacceptable and she would either need to help or find someone who could. She then tried to convince me that the drive was a gift with purchase. I politely informed her that this was a 300 dollar unit which i picked out after contacting dell over compatibility, and I HAVE THE INVOICE..

She kept telling me she could not help. I told her this call was not going to end till she did or found someone who could. i was placed on hold for about 15mins, this is after spending an hour and half getting redirected. Finally she came back and said that the monitor i had purchased and the drive were a combo unit. I again explained, that they are not a combo unit, the reason i was returning the drive is because it is incompatible with my pc, and does not connect to the monitor either. they were chosen on different pages and have nothing to do with each-other. She continued to try and convince me that they were a combo unit. I told her i could give her the model number for the unit and she could see for herself that the drive is not sold with a monitor. she would not take the model number, and went back to her original theory that it was a permotional gift. So after losing my cool and loudly demanding she put someone on who knew what they were doing. she again placed me on hold and this time i was disconnected..this was my third and most frustrating attempt to return this blu ray drive. my 21 day return window is fast approaching and i'm out of options. I'm starting to feel as tho this model was sold to me with the intention to force me to buy additional components

My Desired Resolution:
I would just like to exchange this for a blu ray drive with a standard usb connection and not the pci sata controller card port required for this model, which apparently no pc store sells or was even aware it was being used. Am I asking for so much? I am willing to pay the difference if the model is more expensive. What is the problem?

after submitting this report to the bbb I again attempted to contact and was told i had to return my monitor along with the drive, which makes no sense they are separate items and i am quite happy with the monitor, I just want to exchange my drive,  i ended up buying the additional component only to still have this drive not work. customer service is  useless

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 1st, 2009 17:00

Hi, Inez:

Sorry to hear about that. Hope things work out!

No Events found!