trigun
1 Nickel

Re: D630 SATA DRIVE INSTALLATION FIX

Hey,

I followed the instructions and it worked.
Afterwards I installed all necessary drivers, however, there is 1 thing that doesn't wanna go away..
In device manager there's a 'PCI device' that needs some kind of driver. After every reboot XP comes up with a 'found new hardware' window.
I tried a lot of things and nothing worked.

Any ideas?
The sounddriver is installed and visible under 'audio' and the modem is installed and visible under 'modems'.

Thanks
0 Kudos
trigun
1 Nickel

Nevermind, it's solved.
0 Kudos
bro_tayo
1 Nickel

Trigun, Did you install he Chipset driver? If so when you reboot and that window comes up stating it has found new hardware. Point it to where you saved the Intel Matrix Storage drivers folder, and it should pick up the drivers. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
lodoss900
1 Nickel

wholly !@#$..   That works.   Good find. 

thank you very much
0 Kudos
gnawgnu
1 Copper

Cool, worked like a charm for me, thanks man!  I also recommend applying the latest Intel Storage Manager straight from Intel.  They're pushing version 7.8.0.1012 instead of the older 7.0.0.1020 version that Dell and Lenovo are using.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2101&OSFullName=Windows*+...

0 Kudos
jtbmoore
1 Nickel

Where do I get the Intel Chipset software.  I assume I have to install this in Windows or is this something you must install at boot/install.

0 Kudos
bro_tayo
1 Nickel

jtbmoore

You can get the Intel Chipset software from the Dell website.  

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

0 Kudos
jtbmoore
1 Nickel

Is this something I install during installation of XP.  I have tried these drivers but it still crashes.
0 Kudos
bro_tayo
1 Nickel

You have thrown a new variable into the fray. Your machine has been crashing? If so what exactly is it doing, and also what model is it?

0 Kudos
jtbmoore
1 Nickel

Lat D630.  I have tried to install the intel driver during install with AHCI enabled and disabled.  It crashes everytime.  When I boot to xp install I hit f6 to install driver.  Their are about 4 options and I have tried each one.
0 Kudos