Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 30th, 2008 13:00

DVD/CD-ROM does not detect disk

XPS 410 with a TSSTCorp DVD+-RW TS-H 553A drive lights up when a new disk is inserted, but the drive does not detect a disk.  Also cannot detect disk from Computer (although the drive apears in the drives listing).

I have tried the disk in other computers and it works fine, and have tried other disks in this drive.

Vista Business/all drivers and updates installed.  Vista indicates device is working properly.

Is this an indication of a dead drive (it is 2 years old).

Thanks and Happy New Year!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 30th, 2008 13:00

....have tried other disks in this drive.

Hi, rbetterley:

Do other discs work in this drive? Have you tried this firmware update?

December 30th, 2008 14:00

I should have been more clear and said that the other disks do not work in this drive either.

I will try the firmware update and get back to this thread with results.

BTW, am seeing the error code 0F00:2870 OPU test failed from the 32 bit utility test Dell includes on the hard drive.

Thanks for your help.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2009 02:00

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my DVD+/- RW drive in my Inspiron 530.  The drive has power but will not read any discs.  The dell diagnostic utility also reported an

error code: 0F00:2870

Msg: DVDRW_1 - Self Test OPU test failed

I have not found a fix yet.

May 3rd, 2009 08:00

I need help with my dvd drive the model is MAtshita BD-RE UJ-220  running firmware 1.00 for some reason it won't burn dvd's but everything else works fine any help would be great !!

1 Message

June 3rd, 2009 00:00

I also have a Matshita BD-RE UJ-220 in my XPS M1730 Laptop. It plays some DVDs, but not others. It has had this problem for a while and I have not figured out a fix. I tried updating the drivers and it says it is already up to date.

I just got Sims 3 and I can't install it because the darn drive won't detect the disk. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Posts

August 7th, 2009 11:00

Dell ended up replacing my drive since it was still under warranty (barely).  The drives are usually cheap enough where it's not worth trying too hard to fix them.

No Events found!