Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2013 18:00

DVD RW Drive D does not read or right DVD or CD

dear Sir, i have recently purchased a dell inspiron R17 5720 with service tag: 836JDT1 my problem is that whatever CD type i insert in the DVD RW Drive (D:) the system reacts by opening the tray and show the message of "Please Insert a Disc in drive D". would you please help me with this problem. thanks

3.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 21:00

Hi Jhyousef,

Follow below mention steps which can resolve the issue:

Close any DVD or Burning Software. These programs may be attempting to use the drive, which keeps Windows from accessing the disc. Programs to look for include:

1. Roxio family of products
  2. Power DVD
  3. WinDVD
  4. Media Direct
  5. Windows Media Player
  6. Nero Burning ROM.
  7. Test with multiple discs. The original disc may be scratched or otherwise damaged to the point of unreadability. If another disc works correctly, replace the damaged disc.
  8. Update the optical drive firmware and the BIOS on the computer. In some instances the firmware of the drive may become corrupted or the BIOS may 'lose' the drive. Visit the Dell Drivers and Downloads website and input your Service Tag to get updates specific to your computer.

For more information use the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/10zCCXD

From the above link click on MSfixit and run it on the computer. Check if the issue is fixed.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!