Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 24th, 2008 22:00

DVD change from Region 1 to region 2

OK so i watched a region 1 dvd. Now i want to change back to region 2 but cannot. I have tried via the device manager but it says "unable to change region settings. The driver reports that it requires media of the destination region (region 2) so please insert appropriate media and try again"

can someone please help me?

1.8K Posts

April 25th, 2008 13:00

Do you have Region 2 DVD's?  Have you tried out what the message is suggesting and put one in to change the region setting?  If you don't have Region 2 DVD's, why would you want to change it to Region 2 anyways?

April 25th, 2008 20:00

Hi,

I only have 1 region 1 dvd and wanted to watch it so i changed the region code. I cannot change the region code back again now. It only gave me 1 attempt. I have attempted to place a region 2 DVD  in to change it again but this has no affect. If I delete media player and download DIV X instead will this eliminate the problem?

Rich

1.8K Posts

April 26th, 2008 01:00

If the DVD drive has set itself to region 1 and will not switch back to region 2, I don't know whether there is any way to force it.  Most hardware is programmed to keep switching regions until they play the 5th DVD placed in them.  That then becomes the final region and no more changes are permitted.  It looks like you put in the region 1 DVD as the 5th DVD in the drive and that became the final region.

I am not sure whether any software can force the DVD region to switch again, but you can google for a software called DVD Genie and see if that helps you. 

No Events found!