Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2008 05:00

DVD drive not open Dell Inspiron 531

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 running Vista. I tried to copy a CD using Roxio which came with the computer. After I inserted a DVD for the info to be copied to, nothing happened.......Roxio just "hung" and stopped running. I finally had to stop it all together, then found the DVD door would not open. I tried to do a "restart" , wouldn't do it......did a "shut down" and it finally did so but very slowly. Restarted as normal but DVD drive  drawer or  slot will not open. I have searched for online help without success. There is reference to "Push a fine-tipped object (such as a straightened heavy duty paper clip) into the small hole above the eject button (Figure 1). The front door will pop open and the disk tray will be partially ejected." I have   no such "hole". My DVD drive does not seem to be listed under Dell drives. The info I have on it is:

HL-DT-ST- DVD+-RW GSA H31N SCS1 CD Rom

I would appreciate help!!!!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 14th, 2008 10:00

That hole is very small, as shown here. Especially hard to find on a black bezel.

3 Posts

February 14th, 2008 14:00

In your reply

That hole is very small, as shown here. Especially hard to find on a black bezel.

took me to "an unexpected error has occurred".

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 14th, 2008 16:00

Sorry, the picture is shown on this page (scroll down).

3 Posts

February 14th, 2008 18:00

Thank you. That helped and I was able to fix the problem!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 14th, 2008 19:00

Excellent! Good job! :)

No Events found!