Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2006 03:00

DVD programs change the display setting.

When starting the Inspiron 710M, it automatic changed the Display setting from 1280X800 down to 800X600. I have manually change the setting back. Othevise, the screen is too large and very difficult to read or control. If I do nothing but close the DVD, the screen setting also reverse back to the original 1280X800 by itself. 

I reinstall the DVD drivers but stll have the same problem. If anyone know how to fix it please let me know.

Thanks for helps.

2.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2006 10:00

The DVD drivers are built into Windows so you must have installed something else (firmware?).

Have you tried re-installing the video drivers?

Dave

4 Posts

May 3rd, 2006 14:00

Thank for response. I did not reinstall XP and its component. But i di remove DVD applications from my laptop. Reinstalled it and DVD driver from Dell CD. But the problem is still there.

I have 2 ID on my laptop, the other ID has no problem at all. I blew away everything in my DOCUMENT folder. I search all folders and object with name DVDPOWER and delete them all.  I think somewhere in registry has that corrupted entry. I will try to search system registry to see is there any entry related to DVDPOWER and my ID and compare with the one registered with my other ID to see what is the different.

Let me know if you have any other suggestion.

Thanks

JP

No Events found!