Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2017 10:00

Dell Backup and Recovery does not recognize USB Hard Drive - V 1.9.2.8. 3-23-2017

I have a Inspirion 15 with Windows 8 installed. I need to create a recovery disk for this machine. However I upgraded to the latest Dell Backup & Recovery V 1.9.2.8. I attempt to create rescue disk and the machine does not show the USB Hard drive I connect.

Seagate USB Hard drive Adapter, Tried with WD Hard drive 100GB and a Seagate 250 GB

Formatted drives as NTFS & eXFAT, Turned off and on USB emulation in Bios, Set Policy for Hard Drive for performance and quick removal. Updated Bios to latest on record on Dell support site.

The drive is detected by windows and shows up in storage manager and my computer drive listings.

Please offer assistance on this issue.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

March 24th, 2017 11:00

Hi there, happy to help! I think unless you're using the hard drive as a complete image copy you will probably want to use a USB key. Here are a few articles that should help, as well as downloading a recovery/OS ISO. Make sure your software/files etc are backed up before doing the restore.   

How to create media

Download Dell Recovery Image

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!