MarvinKRK
1 Copper

Dell Dock WD15 service tag

Hi, I bought Dell Dock WD15 and I wanted to add it to my account on dell.com, but I cannot find service tag. On device is only PPID. How can I find service tag for this device? Thanks for answer.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
27 Replies

Re: Dell Dock WD15 service tag

MarvinKRK,

Service Tag Location WD15 Dell Dock

The Service Tag and Express Service Code label are located on the base cover of the chassis.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
MarvinKRK
1 Copper

I know that it should be there but I have only there PPID.
Is another way to get service tag for this device?

Highlighted

MarvinKRK,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get the service tag. Do you see the express service code? 

service_tag2(1).png

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
MarvinKRK
1 Copper

No, I don't. There are only PPID and MAC address.

basijan
1 Copper

We have received a few batches of this dock, and they normally have the service tag underneath as shown in the image.

However, the latest batch of docks do not have the service tag anywhere on the device (that I can see).

As the other user mentioned, all I see is a MAC address and PPID.

We normally use the service tag to identity the device in our asset management system, but now we can't do that as this batch has no service tag.

Can you please advise on what this means? Is there any way of getting the service tag for these devices, or what else can we use to identify individual docks?

Catlan
1 Copper

We have also bought two batches of these docks. The first batch we bought on the tail end of last year have service tags and express service codes. The latest batch we have received do not have either of these.

Nikos_GR
1 Copper

Hi basijan 

Any news on that because I did received 2 WD15 and they do not have the service tag just like yours

amsDarwin
1 Copper

We're also seeing no service tags, just PPIDs on recently ordered WD15 docks.

STEINER-Lance
1 Copper

So what is the verdict on this?  How are we supposed to know if this docking station is in-warranty or not? I have one that I know is less than a year and is no longer working. How do we locate the service tag or express service code if there is none?DELL WD15 Docking Station.jpg