Re: Dell Dock WD15 service tag

Thank you for your message. This docking station does not have a service tag.

To get support on the device, you must use the PPID & the warranty will be validated with the purchase invoice.

To add the device to your list, you will have to use the order if purchased from Dell.

If there are any unresolved issues with the device, please private message the following details.

Brief description of the issue.
Registered name -
Email address-
Device PPID -
Purchase invoice copy -

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello robert26,  Since we haven't heard from you, we will be closing the case for now.

Should you have any identifying numbers so we can look up your case, or you need further help or assistance, feel free to reach out to us again.

We do hope that this matter was resolved.

Kind regards.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
BBC27
1 Copper

This is absolutely ridiculous. We buy these docking stations and Dell refuses the support? I have problems with the DP/N 0P1NN7 cable and I need that replaced. I don't have a service tag number as all the others have reported. How can I address that?

0 Kudos
HansCNY
1 Copper

We have lots of these docks deployed and most of them have issues.  Most of the issues seem to show up with our users who are mobile that dock and undock frequently.  I found that power cycling the dock usually solves the problem.  I have tried all the suggested steps, updating BIOS, updating dock firmware etc and the problems still show up.  We still have a ton of the old eseries docks deployed and they rarely have any issues.  We have been very disappointed with the WD15's.  I have 2 completely dead ones with no service tag that brought me to this thread

0 Kudos