MasterRM
1 Nickel

Re: Dell Dock WD15 service tag

Same here, WD15 dock acquired in May 2018 does not have service tag printed at the sticker on the bottom.

Tags (3)
Tony1120
1 Copper

I have a WD15 dock that shows a svc tag but it doesn't qualify as a svc tag when I ry to enter it for support for my ultimate goal to make a warranty claim.

mdugan81
1 Copper

I have two of these docks that are no longer functioning. It would be super nice to be able to check to see if they were still in warranty or not. 

One has an express service code and the other doesn't. Does anyone know if the Dell support chat can help me with them?

rasatdell
1 Nickel

Is there any news on this? I have a brand new WD15 but no Service Tag

Beckies
1 Copper

Hello, What is the solution for the missing service tag? I bought a docking station this week and am also missing the service tag. I'm going to review the product on amazon and let people know of the problem if there isn't a solution. I can't register the product because of the missing service tag.

rasatdell
1 Nickel

Hello - this seems to be an ongoing problem. Have you any solution yet? Many thanks
E-Boogie
1 Copper

I have 2 WD15s that no longer work and should be under warranty, they are not even a year old.  One has a  SVC, PPID and express service code and the other just has a PPID code.

None of these codes work when look up the warranty.  I'm figuring a good ol fashion phone call would do the trick to get them replaced....well hopefully.

What's up Dell? What's your response? the good people are waiting!

joaobh8
1 Copper

Hello, my purchase in this website: <Non-public info removed>, warranty dell is very good product, i prefer this.

0 Kudos
CheeseNoodle
1 Copper

It seems that DELL have washed their hands of support on this topic as there has been no further correspondence, they were shown that the new batch stickers have no service tags. We have recently purchased over 200 of these docks and they all have no service Tag, only the PPID and MAC Address. You cannot look them up on dell support anywhere using the PPID or parts of it. Also note, there is another PPID on the outside of the box, it is DIFFERENT to the PPID on the bottom of the dock and also cannot be used as an identifier. How can we do online warranty status checks without this information and without having to sit on the phone for 30 minutes each time? Come on Dell, at least help us out.
rasatdell
1 Nickel

I have contacted the Dell Moderator (Jesse) twice about this issue suggesting that he close the discussion thread. It is quite obvious that due to a manufacturing fault that a large number of these docking stations have been delivered to customers without service tags.  However, Dell has no interest in solving the problem, so basically we are wasting our time trying to get them to sort it out.  As you say - they have washed their hands of the issue.