Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2016 11:00

Dell Inspiron 15 HDD error code 2000-01 42

Dell Inspiron 15 HDD error code 2000-01 42

Few weeks ago my laptop was working fine but the next day my laptop wouldn't move past the Dell logo when powered on. I ran diagnostics on it and gave me the following results:

Test Results:Fail

Error Code: 2000-01 42

Validation: 123661

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly the issue with the HDD, do I need to replace it or there might be an wiring issue?

Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 8th, 2016 12:00

Zaharaq

Error code 2000-0142 indicates a failing/failed hard drive, you could try removing and reinstalling the Hard Drive, then rerun the diagnostics and see if you receive the same error.

If the same error is received, the hard drive has failed and you need to replace it, followed by reinstalling windows, followed by loading the drivers and applications.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 9th, 2016 13:00

Zaharaq

Remove the failed hard drive and use an USB adaptor similar to THIS , then attach the hard drive to a USB port of a working computer and see if you can transfer the files and folders you need, to the computer.

Note: Only data files and folders can be transferred, any applications, utlities and programs, need to be reinstalled from their CD's, or downloaded from the publisher's website

Bev.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2016 13:00

How do I recover the data from HDD?

No Events found!