Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 10th, 2012 09:00

Dell Utilities and Driver disk

Hi-I really need help here-I recently got my original Windows XP and Dell Utilities and Drivers Disk- The Windows XP disk installed easily-Then when I put the dell disk in to BOOT from the disk the DELL UTILITY AND DRIVERS DISK is not reccognizable-It keeps telling me to INSERT DISK when the Dell disk is already in there-Any help would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED-Thank You

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 10th, 2012 10:00

blueyesguy

Sounds like the Utility and Drivers disc, is defective.

All the Dell drivers can be downloaded from their Drivers and download site here,

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

Note: Don't use Dell's Download Manager, choose the 'Download Using My Browser' option when selecting the file to download. 

Download the drivers to a folder, you need to create on the PC you are using, name the folder 'Downloads'.

After all the drivers are downloaded, connect the thumb drive to a USB port and transfer the folder to the drive, using the 'Sent To' Menu.

After installing XP, connect the USB drive to the PC you wish to install the drivers on, go to My Computer, click the USB drive to locate the folder, open the folder and install the drivers, in the correct order.

Bev.

1 Message

December 16th, 2015 19:00

bobydhanwe

No Events found!