Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 19th, 2008 23:00

Dell diagnostics error code 0F00:0240

Where can I find what this error code is

Error code 0F00:0240

MSG Block 234355722

This occured when I was running Dell diagnostic on my hard drive after I fixed a major melt down of the computer. Had to re-load everything and we are back up and running. The last thing to do was to make sure all hardware was in working order because I'm not sure what started all my problem. I have a feeling I have some bad sectors on the hard drive.

Can anyone help me?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

Sean1000

The codes refer to the locations of bad sectors on the drive, the drive is bad and needs to be replaced.

If the computer is under warranty, contact Dell's Technical Support and request a replacement hard drive, give the Techie the error message.

Bev.

Ps. When posting, it helps to include the computer model and version of windows.

Bev.

===================================================
Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The hard drive indeed has developed bad sectors and should be replaced as soon as possible.

1 Message

April 30th, 2012 10:00

Où puis-je trouver ce que ce code d'erreur est

Le code d'erreur 0F00: 0240

Bloquer MSG 234355722

Cela s'est produit lorsque je courais Dell de diagnostic sur mon disque dur après avoir fixé un important fondre de l'ordinateur. J'ai dû recharger tout et nous sommes à nouveau opérationnel. La dernière chose à faire était de s'assurer tout le matériel était en ordre de marche parce que je ne suis pas sûr ce qui a commencé tout mon problème. J'ai un sentiment que j'ai des secteurs défectueux sur le disque dur.

Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider?

2 Posts

December 12th, 2014 08:00

YES, had also just run Dell Diagnostics too!

2 Posts

December 12th, 2014 08:00

Bought a Dell Inspiron 7 years ago, worked for 2 months then wouldn't start up. Decided to just see if it would start up yesterday when I came across it... IT DID! Updated browsers and security [Admin Note: TOU Violation Removed] per Microsoft. All data seemed ok but would freeze and have to reboot to continue. Then suddenly... BAM! Again, will not even boot up... I see a quick "Cannot Log on" button before it goes dark and tries to reboot again. It does this over and over. I ran the diagnostics and got the same error in this thread as well as 0244. What the hell? Never hardly used this computer. Did have time to create a back up on the alternative disk of the state when it was working last night so... HOW DO I ACCESS THAT TO BOOT IT?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 12th, 2014 13:00

sukastyle

Error code: OFOO:O244, uncorrectable data error or media is write protected, means the hard drive is toast and needs to be replaced.

Dell made many different Inspiron laptop and desktop models, what is your model and the version of windows that's installed? 

Quote:

"Did have time to create a back up on the alternative disk of the state when it was working last night so... HOW DO I ACCESS THAT TO BOOT IT?"

I have no idea what this means, please post more details.

Did you create a bootable disk? 

Bev.

No Events found!