Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2014 11:00

Dell studio 1555

Hello dear Dell community!

A few days ago i started to have some problems with my laptop. It shuts down with out notice, just suddenly and randomly. After hours of research on Google I found out that I might have problems with my HDD. I attached to this post a picture of my error. Can you tell me pls what it means? Ty

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 26th, 2014 20:00

Hi kfi,

Error code: 2000-0146 (DST Log contains previous errors) refers to previous errors in the hard drive which might not really be a hardware failure. In order to confirm this, I recommend you to run a custom test on the Hard drive which takes longer time than the Pre-boot System Assessment which you have already performed on the computer but it will give the accurate result.

Also, I would suggest you to back up the data from the system if the system is booting up. I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer and then run the hardware diagnostics again. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

If the error reoccurs again then please replace the system with a new hard drive.

2 Posts

May 27th, 2014 10:00

Hi Ravi!

I have new updates for my problem. As you said about BIOS, I already have latest BIOS version witch is A13. On Dell PC Diagnostics in the Advanced tab I chose Hardware-Hard drive stress and i failed the test. I have attached a screen shot to this replay so you can check it. Can you tell me what to do further?

Thank you so kind!

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 29th, 2014 12:00

Hi kfi,

You will need to replace the hard drive on the system. Please backup the data from the system to a different storage device. Please private message us the system service tag and your contact details so that I can arrange a call back from our concerned team for the hard drive replacement.

No Events found!