Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2009 14:00

Dell warranty expired-is hard drive warranty still good?

My Dell warranty already expired a year ago.  Recently, one of my Seagate hard disks (Seagate ST3750640AS Barracuda 750 GB SATA 3.0GB/s Internal Hard Drive) failed.  I went to the Seagate website's warranty checker to see if this Seagate drive had an individual warranty longer than my one year Dell Warranty.  After inputting the serial number of the hard drive, Seagate basically said that this drive was sold with a machine and I should check with Dell regarding the warranty.  Unfortunately I do not have Seagate's exact wording in front me (it wasn't very informative anyway), but as far as warranties for my hard drives are concerned, am I out of luck?  Does the Dell Warranty supersede a possible individual warranty of the hard drive?  My ATI video card also failed recently so the same questions would apply to that as well.

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 15:00

paleIsTheNewTan.com

Yes you are out of luck, the warranty on the hard drive shipped with PC, is for the same period of time, as the Dell warranty on the computer and it's the same for the video card, supplied by Dell with the system.

Bev.

7 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 16:00

Thank you for the quick reply!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 17:00

paleIsTheNewTan.com

You are welcome.

Bev.

No Events found!