mparks_21
1 Nickel

Disc stuck in vostro 1710

Jump to solution

I have a user that put a small size DVD in the slot loading drive of the vostro 1710 and now it won't eject. I have tried turning the unit so the drive is facing down and pressing the eject button a few times and that didn't work. anyone know any tricks to have it eject or will I have to take the unit apart?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
7- Gold

Re: Disc stuck in vostro 1710

Jump to solution

Hi mparks_21,

Please boot the system and try the eject command from Explorer or My Computer.

I know of no way to "emergency eject" slot loading drives.

5 Replies
7- Gold

Jump to solution

Hi mparks_21,

Please boot the system and try the eject command from Explorer or My Computer.

I know of no way to "emergency eject" slot loading drives.

mparks_21
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks Osprey that worked after several tries, a lot of waiting through a bunch of whirling and clicking it did finally come out. I am shocked that doing eject from windows explorer does anything different than the eject button on top of the keyboard.

0 Kudos
7- Gold

Jump to solution

Good to hear. Hopefully your user has learned a lesson about those small discs. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
lturchin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The "eject" command in My Computer worked.  The CD ejected.  Thank you to the contributer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ob1knb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the "turn it upside down" trick. My Vostro was getting the instructions to eject just fine from everywhere - but the physical media could not clear the exit.

This caused the machine to attempt ejection over and over with no end. Had to F2 on start up and tell it to not boot the DVD drive as a workaround...which I didn't want to leave that way in case I needed a DVD recovery boot up.....

So thanks again for making the note about flipping it to eject!!

0 Kudos