Highlighted
Thereal-dbk4297
5 Tungsten

Re: Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

Hello,

It would be best for you to start a new question thread.

We need to know your system model number, what version or Windows you use, and a description of your problem.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Gadfly at large

Helping Dell Customers here since 1998

My systems ...
Dimension XPS D266 - Now retired
Toshiba Tecra M1
Dimension 4300 - Received DOA as a gift. Reinstalled XP and still working great
Dimension 9150 - Pent D 3.2GHz, 4GB dual-channel 533 DDR2 Windows 7 Pro, Firefox 3.6.14
  Congrats to Jimmie Johnson #48 - FIVE time Nascar Sprint Cup Champ !!!!  

panman3234
1 Copper

Hello I'm looking to fix my computer. I have a Dell OptiPlex GX260 Series. This Problem occured today. June 12 2009, I got on it this afternoon and everything was fine. I got on line and about 10 mins later it started lagging and having a hard time. So i turn it off (using the button on the tower) and re-started it. It got to the loading screen and right after that it said "Diskette Drive 0 seek failure". Now I've been trying to fix this all day and i haven't found anything. Please help!

Its been referbished  and i got it not this christmas but the one before it. It has a Intel Pentium 4 processor: 2.66 GHz, Level 2 Cache: 512 intergrated. BIOS Verision: A03. And heres other stuff i wrote down in case.

Diskette Drive A 3.5 inch, 1.44MB (Not installed)

Primary Drive 0 .... Hard Drive. Model ST3160021A, Drive Type Auto, Capacity 160GB

Secondary Drive 0 .... CD-ROM Reader, Driver Type Auto, Capaity N\A

Boot Sequence, 1. IDE CD-ROM Device 2. Floppy Device (Not installed) 3. HArd Disk Drive c:

0 Kudos
dneicey
1 Nickel

I have a Dell Deminsion  8100 and i'm having pretty much the same problem, I put a new battery in my computer and now I am getting the Strike F1 to boot and F2 to setup,  It's also not reading the Primary 1 drive either can you please help me.

Denise

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Josimars
1 Copper

Great worked like a charm

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Iridium

I have a Dell Deminsion  8100 and i'm having pretty much the same problem, I put a new battery in my computer and now I am getting the Strike F1 to boot and F2 to setup,  It's also not reading the Primary 1 drive either can you please help me.

Denise

If you replaced the battery, you cleared out the CMOS memory and thus must go into Setup (F2 at bootup) and re-enter the drive settings.

0 Kudos
chase2604
1 Copper

when you boot it up immiditaly hold alt then hit in this order (e f b) it'll atleast get u past that...alt+e,alt+f,alt+e remeber never let go of alt!!!!!   it'll restart then when it gets th the startup(bios)screen stop pressing than it'll say configuration hit   f1  than...............PRESTO!!!!!

0 Kudos

had the same problem and did what every one said but now my cpu is stuck rebooting what did i do wrong inspiron 5315 ? please help

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Hi, robertallen7671:

You've lost your BIOS settings. When booting, hit F2 to enter system setup. Refer to your user manual for settings, but obviously you need to turn the floppy drive controller to OFF.

0 Kudos

can i find what the appropriate bios settings on line? dont have a users mauel the cpu from a rental company youre lucky if they work lol thanks

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Robert:

Ok, here are some links that might be helpful. Here is your manual. Here are downloads for your machine.

Here are the online instructions for system setup.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

That should give you enough to go on. Most of these settings are automatically detected but you still must go through and save the settings.

0 Kudos