Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 3rd, 2008 03:00

Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

I recently cleaned out the fans on my comp and then when i tried to turn it on i got the Diskette Drive 0 seek failure error message, and below it it says that it was unable to find the SATA Hard drive. I have checked the cables, hopefully someone can help.

1 Message

August 31st, 2011 22:00

I did reset the boot drive from removable device to hard disk and disable all others...but it still says diskette drive 0 seek failure?? the only thing i did was install software...help!!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 2nd, 2011 09:00

Hi Outlaw12,

Do you have a floppy drive?

By the way, installing software did not cause this problem.

4 Posts

September 5th, 2011 17:00

darylstrickland - your problem looks to be not the same.

I think you may need to start in safemode to discover the answer.

If you do get Windows started then you need to check your hard drive with diag software such as PCCheckup.

October 21st, 2011 10:00

I have a Dell Deminsion c251 Windows Vista and am having the issus disketta drive 0 seeks failure. everything was working fine untill it said battery voltage low and before i had a chance to go to shops and get a new battery i turned my PC on and thats the message i was given HELP please.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 21st, 2011 17:00

Hi Stephen,

If you replaced the motherboard battery, then as has been explained in this thread, you need to boot to the BIOS and turn the floppy diskette controller off.

December 13th, 2011 17:00

What if I do have a floppy disk drive, but am still getting this error?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 13th, 2011 20:00

burgviking2012

it helps to include the computer model and version of windows in a post.

If there's a FD installed and you receive that error message, try opening the open the tower, reseat the power cable and data cable of the floppy drive and motherboard, to see if it makes a difference.

No difference, replace the floppy drive.

Bev.

1 Message

February 28th, 2012 07:00

Every time I turn on the computer, Diskette drive 0 seek failure shows up and on the bottom Press F1 to continue, F2 to inter SETUP, How do I get disable it?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 28th, 2012 09:00

Every time I turn on the computer, Diskette drive 0 seek failure shows up and on the bottom Press F1 to continue, F2 to inter SETUP, How do I get disable it?

tomwdell

If there is no floppy drive installed, enter the system setup [BIOS] and check that the diskette drive is set to 'off'.

Cannot post anymore info,. without knowing the computer model.

Bev.

1 Message

May 21st, 2012 21:00

Just changing boot order will not remove message. To fix:

1. F2 at Bios Screen
  2. Select "Standard CMOS Features" > Press Enter
  3. Select "Drive A" > Press Enter
  4. Select "None" > Press Enter
  5. Go Back to Main Menu (Esc > Esc)
  6. Select "Save & Exit Setup" > Press Enter
Cheers!
No Events found!