7 Plutonium

Re: Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure

Hi Wolfiehead,

There is a complete description of how to solve the problem in this thread. You'll just have to read through the entire thing.

I'm afraid the volunteers in this forum don't have the time to email everyone that needs help. It's just not practical. That's why we post the answers here.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
outlaw12
1 Copper

I did reset the boot drive from removable device to hard disk and disable all others...but it still says diskette drive 0 seek failure?? the only thing i did was install software...help!!

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Hi Outlaw12,

Do you have a floppy drive?

By the way, installing software did not cause this problem.

0 Kudos
thebbman
1 Copper

darylstrickland - your problem looks to be not the same.

I think you may need to start in safemode to discover the answer.

If you do get Windows started then you need to check your hard drive with diag software such as PCCheckup.

0 Kudos
StephenShields
1 Copper

I have a Dell Deminsion c251 Windows Vista and am having the issus disketta drive 0 seeks failure. everything was working fine untill it said battery voltage low and before i had a chance to go to shops and get a new battery i turned my PC on and thats the message i was given HELP please.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Hi Stephen,

If you replaced the motherboard battery, then as has been explained in this thread, you need to boot to the BIOS and turn the floppy diskette controller off.

0 Kudos
burgviking2012
1 Copper

What if I do have a floppy disk drive, but am still getting this error?

0 Kudos
8 Platinum

burgviking2012

it helps to include the computer model and version of windows in a post.

If there's a FD installed and you receive that error message, try opening the open the tower, reseat the power cable and data cable of the floppy drive and motherboard, to see if it makes a difference.

No difference, replace the floppy drive.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
tomwdell
1 Copper

Every time I turn on the computer, Diskette drive 0 seek failure shows up and on the bottom Press F1 to continue, F2 to inter SETUP, How do I get disable it?

0 Kudos
8 Platinum

Every time I turn on the computer, Diskette drive 0 seek failure shows up and on the bottom Press F1 to continue, F2 to inter SETUP, How do I get disable it?

tomwdell

If there is no floppy drive installed, enter the system setup [BIOS] and check that the diskette drive is set to 'off'.

Cannot post anymore info,. without knowing the computer model.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos