Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2013 12:00

Does the standard blu-ray burner on my XPS17 (l702x) burn dual-layer BD-R?

Can anyone confirm that they are able to burn 50gb blu-ray discs using the standard Dell blu-ray burner?

2.2K Posts

April 10th, 2013 13:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

Please provide a screen shot of the device manager with the information the optical drive installed on the system.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button > Control Panel >  System and Maintenance > Device Manager.‌   If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Please provide this information so that I can help you in a better way.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

April 10th, 2013 17:00

Hi Manshu,

Here's the name of the drive: hl-dt-st bd-re bt10n.

If you can tell me how to post a screenshot, I will do that. Thank you!

April 10th, 2013 17:00

From_inspiron_to_xps

2.2K Posts

April 12th, 2013 13:00

Hi,

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and name listed on the account so I may access your system records and check for the information. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

2.2K Posts

April 15th, 2013 11:00

Hi,

The optical drive should be able to burn dual-layer BD-R at maximum speed of 4x.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

May 6th, 2013 08:00

Hi,

I have the same laptop...and the same problem, Did you fix it ?

Thanks

No Events found!