Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2009 08:00

Driver for PCI device.

I am having a problem finding driver software for a PCI device. In this case it is an external HD. I have searched the driver software CD I recieved with my computer and with the HD as well with no luck. Windows searches for one but fails to locate one and I have not found one on the Dell website either. Can anyone help me with this??

2 Posts

July 30th, 2009 12:00

Hi Robin,

The Manufacturer is Acomdata, model E5 HybridDrive. Yes i have visited their website and they clearly state there that no driver for windows vista is supplied because the OS has the required drivers. Yet my computer detects the HD then a few minutes later it is no longer recognised and then it is again detected and so on and so forth. I don't know where else to look for a solution

3.7K Posts

July 30th, 2009 12:00

Hi, What is the make and model of the externel HD, also have you tried the manufactors web site.

3.7K Posts

July 31st, 2009 01:00

Hi Tinface, Normally they are Plug n Play, with your driver being held in the OP drivers cashe. Are you getting a new hardware wizard dialog box coming up when you plug in the hard drive. If so, then direct it to your drivers cashe in your system32.

1 Message

June 1st, 2010 08:00

I am having similar problem with same drive.  This was working with Windows 7 and Vista and then sudden it won't stay connected.  I have all my files I need on this backup and really need to get them off of it to my new iomega but can't seem to be able to get to them.  I even tried another old pc with xp and still can't get it to work any longer.

No Events found!