I reisntalled Win7 32bit and now the DVD drive is not installing the driver. The drive is recognized, but the status is: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I have tried updating the driver and uninstalling it and then reinstalling the drive. I have not been able to find the driver anywhere, can yall help me out with a link to the download?
Solved! Go to Solution.
CD-dvd drivers are included in windows. There are no separate drivers. Repairing the win 7 installation might fix your problem. Also make sure you reinstalled properly. MS directions here: windows.microsoft.com/.../Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16ACS
Error Code 32 and 39 both were resolved with this fix.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
I can confirm that the above registry fix does indeed work... however no reboot required just uninstalled the device and then did a rescan for new hardware and all is well. Thanks!!!
Awesome this worked like a charm on a PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES. I love you IONIAPCWIZARD - you definitely are a PC Wizard - great, direct, super easy to follow directions - the only thing different in my Dell Optiplex 7010 (besides the DVD drive being an AES) is I deleted an UpperFilters in #4 above - registry location was exactly the same.
Media Now screwed up the driver on my dvd burner. It gave an error message that an unsigned driver was installed. (UDF file system driver - CLBUDF.sys) This regedit trick brought my burner back from the dead. Thanks
Thanks so much for these instructions it really helped me get my dvd drive running again. I have a ton of cds from the library that I need to re-import.
Thank you "IONIAPCWIZARD"
I tried your fix for a similar problem with Error Code 19, and it worked!
Thank you very much!!!