Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2012 07:00

Driver for PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16ABS

I reisntalled Win7 32bit and now the DVD drive is not installing the driver.  The drive is recognized, but the status is: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"  I have tried updating the driver and uninstalling it and then reinstalling the drive. I have not been able to find the driver anywhere, can yall help me out with a link to the download?

1 Message

March 12th, 2013 09:00

PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16ACS

Error Code 32 and 39 both were resolved with this fix.

1) Close all open programs

2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter

3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM
  • CurrentControlSet
  • Control
  • Class
  • {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

• UpperFilters
  • LowerFilters (This is the one I removed)
  • UpperFilters.bak
  • LowerFilters.bak

5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete

6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor

7) Reboot your computer

8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

10.9K Posts

January 23rd, 2012 09:00

Try this Microsoft Article ........

support.microsoft.com/.../982116

If the "FixIt" does not work, scroll down the page and follow the manual instructions for your operating system.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2012 10:00

CD-dvd drivers are included in windows. There are no separate drivers. Repairing the win 7 installation might fix your problem. Also make sure you reinstalled properly. MS directions here: windows.microsoft.com/.../Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 24th, 2012 00:00

Try deleting %windir%\inf\INFCACHE.1 from live media (i.e. the command prompt of the Windows install disc's repair options). That will force Windows to rebuild the file (which lists devices and their drivers) on the next bootup.

July 18th, 2013 10:00

I can confirm that the above registry fix does indeed work... however no reboot required just uninstalled the device and then did a rescan for new hardware and all is well. Thanks!!! :emotion-1:

1 Message

September 3rd, 2013 16:00

Awesome this worked like a charm on a PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES.  I love you IONIAPCWIZARD - you definitely are a PC Wizard - great, direct, super easy to follow directions - the only thing different in my Dell Optiplex 7010 (besides the DVD drive being an AES) is I deleted an UpperFilters in #4 above - registry location was exactly the same.

1 Message

July 5th, 2014 19:00

Media Now screwed up the driver on my dvd burner. It gave an error message that an unsigned driver was installed. (UDF file system driver - CLBUDF.sys) This regedit trick brought my burner back from the dead. Thanks :)

1 Message

June 11th, 2015 16:00

Thanks so much for these instructions it really helped me get my dvd drive running again. I have a ton of cds from the library that I need to re-import.

1 Message

June 14th, 2015 14:00

Thank you "IONIAPCWIZARD"

I tried your fix for a similar problem with Error Code 19, and it worked!

Thank you very much!!!

BobKeller7

1 Message

August 4th, 2015 08:00

I have only 1 problem with the above drive - the lights do not work.  The button with the lights works fine, but none of the lights work - ever!!!

1 Message

October 21st, 2015 20:00

It fixed my code 19 as well.  Spent all day on this problem.  DVD now working perfectly

No Events found!