Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2017 22:00

Dual boot setup - DVD ODD not available in win 7 but OK in Win 10

I have a new 3650 that I have set up for dual boot with two 120 GB SSDs one boots to Win 7 pro the other to Win 10 pro. In Win 7 the DVD does not show up in File Manager or in My Computer. When I put a disk in the drive it spins up but no autorun and can't see the drive in File Manager. The drive does show up in Device Manager and if I ask it to populate the volume it reads the CD in the drive and shows content. When I boot to Win 10 the drive is available in File Manager and works just fine. It shows in the bios and all drives including the HD are GPT and using UEFI. I have tried removing and replacing the drive in Device Manager but that doesn't help.

I have a whole bunch of other issues with Chkdsk running on all drives on boot up if I have switched from Win 10 to Win 7 or vise versa, I occasionally loose my mouse and keyboard after Chkdsk runs when opening Win 7 so maybe that has something to do with the ODD disappearing, don't know. For now I would just like to have the ODD work in Win 7.

No Responses!
No Events found!