Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

November 6th, 2013 07:00

Error Code 0F00:1332. Msg: Disk - Block 512: Interrupt Request (IRQ) did not set in time.

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop - Intel Core 2 quad - WINDOWS 7 Home Premium 64 Bits.    It was working fine until a few weeks ago until the system started throwing this error message: 

"Error Code 0F00:1332.  Msg: Disk - Block 512: Interrupt Request (IRQ) did not set in time.  (blocks varies): The given error code and message can be used by Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.  Do you want to continue testing?  with 

I clicked yes and after about 10 minutes or so will bring another block error with the same message.  Not sure how this started happening, maybe a power outrage we had and shutdown the computer by itself.  

I have used the Dell Diagnostic/tools CD that came with my PC several times.   I selected the Extended Test - Confidence Test. Device: SATA Disk S/N= S1DE5GXX and is taking hours to complete the test due to the blocks error that will display every 15 to 30 minutes. I pressed F2 to check the Bios and Boot configurations..all the same. (default settings)

What I have done so far:

I have ordered/ replaced the hard drive twice with new ones, (Model: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003  1TB 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache SATA 6.06 B/S 3.5 Internal HD),  re-installed Win 7 O/S from DELL CD and downloaded and installed all windows update from Microsoft site (135 files) then when almost is completed with the updates, it will stop and I will be forced to reboot system again; but will only give me a black screen in DOS again. (it won't reload the operating system/Windows at all). 

When I press Ctrl/ Alt / Del at the black screen and brings the Dell logo it will display this information:

American Megatrends - CPU : Intel (R) Core (TM) 22 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz  Bios Version A00 - Press F2 to run Setup, Press F3 if you want to boot from the network; Press F12 for BBS POPUP EM64T Capable Processor.

Dual Channel Mode 6144M OK.   Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 0.. IDE Hard Disk   Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 1.. ATAPI CDROM

SATA PORT0  ST1000DM003-1CH162  CC47  S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Status BAD

AHCI PORT0 Device Error  -  Press F1 to continue,  Press F2 to enter SETUP.  

I did press F1 to continue: I get this message everytime I press Enter:   " No Boot device available, Press ENTER Key to retry "  A disk read error occurred - Press  Ctrl + Alt + Del  to restart.  I did this and loops back to Dell Logo F2 and F12 black screen and same American Megatrends PC info from above. 

I know it cannot be the hard drive by itself (physical part) because the original hard drive has been replaced with 2  brand new hard drives so probably the original HD that came with the PC still good and is something else causing this looping error. 

I contacted Microsoft tech support about this issue and their reply was: 

Hello Joel_15,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Bill Smithers.

Hi,

As you are using the Dell Diagnostics software, that is a particular error code that you would have to ask Dell Support about.  On the Dell site, that error code points to a Hard Drive problem, but you say that you have replaced it.

I suggest that you ask about this particular Dell Error Code in the Dell Forums. 

Dell Support Forums:http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/default.aspx 

Cheers.

Microsoft Tech Support   

Any idea what's going on? I don't have any virus, brand new hard drive....help please, Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 7th, 2013 04:00

You may want to try a WD drive - - Seagate has been having more than its share of firmware problems with drives of late.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 7th, 2013 04:00

Hi Irias_15,

Ok, you replaced the hard drive that was giving you an 0F00:1332 error. That was the right thing to do.

So now we need to sort out what's going on with the new hard drive. You are getting a SMART Status Bad error, which indicates a problem with the hard drive. Do you get the same SMART error with both drives?

2 Posts

November 8th, 2013 14:00

Sorry for the delay OSPREY4.  But I got my issue resolved by myself after I called Dell Support (1-800-624-8965) . was transferred 2 times to the Non-warranty Dept Group.  The guy there told me to bring my PC to a local computer repair store after he put me on hold to check with somebody else I guess.... he couldn't troubleshoot on the phone and suspected it was a windows configuration issue or communication between the HD and CPU.

I decided to give it another shot troubleshooting this issue and save me the repair cost. This is what I did:

Since I was getting those error messages with a black screen with 2 new HD's and was not reloading the OS (Win7) initially installed from the DVD. I power off the PC, disconnected all the cables (back of the PC), unplug all the power and data cables that connects to the motherboard, removed and re-inserted all 4 memory modules to reset everything.  Replug all the cables again specially the HD data cable in SATA 2 port instead the original SATA 0 socket. (I had SATA 2 and 3 open/available).  SATA1 already used by the DVD.

After I reconnected all the cables; I turned the PC on and there it was " Windows OS 7 reloaded fine all the way to the desktop"  I noticed the Dell Notification flag on the taskbar (next to the clock) was telling me about 1 issue to take care.  " Windows can't open a file for your drive" 

I followed the instructions given in that order. Ran the CHKDSK from Start/Run/CMD to check and repair the file system. the processed was completed with no errors 5 of 5 ok.

Next, I opened the file that windows couldn't access from C:\windows\system32\Applications (Event Properties)  the flag notification gave me step by step how to fix this and viewed the following message:

Event Properties:

"Windows cannot access the file C:\windows\system32\several applications files for one of the following reasons" :

"There is a problem with the network connection or the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer or the disk is  missing. Windows closed the program Host process for windows services because of this error".

After I followed all the steps given;  I rebooted the system, downloaded and installed all the windows update, reboot again to complete windows configurations , updated Java, adobe, etc. Launched IE and now I'm able to surf the web and check my e-mails.  I have have the system running for hours and everything looks good. No more error messages after the second day.

I hope this helps others who are getting similar issues with their Hard drive or system files. Good Luck there and Happy Holidays!!!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 9th, 2013 13:00

Excellent. Glad that worked, and thanks for posting your solution.

1 Message

January 26th, 2016 18:00

So if I get errors stating Interrupt Request did not set in time , I don't need to replace my Hard Drive ??? I hope my data won't get lost. I am mainly concerned about my data . There are very important data in my Hard Drive and I haven't taken a back up yet. I read somewhere that to take a back up I need a UBUNTU boot CD.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 27th, 2016 15:00

Booting the system from a Linux live disc or flash drive is one way to recover the data.  Another is to mount the drive in an external case and attach it to a working system by USB, copying your data to the working system.  Either way, get that done ASAP, as the drive is on its way out.

No Events found!