Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2010 14:00

Error Code 1100-012A for CD/DVD Disk Drive

Am trying to upgrade to Windows 7 and in the process lost functionality of CD/DVD Drive. Have run diagnostics and received error code 1100: 012A. Unfortunately, this code does not show up on the list provided by Dell. Anyone know what to do?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 29th, 2010 15:00

Hi Rick,

In order to test the DVD drive, you need a disc in the drive. Did you have one in there?

1 Message

October 5th, 2016 19:00

I have the same problem and I put the reinstall DVD in and the same thing keeps happening it just keep starting to reboot then nothing. If any one can help thank you. I tried F8 too and does nothing different.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 9th, 2016 12:00

Hi DMR0822,

Are you trying to reinstall the operating system? Can you provide the model of your Dell?

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

December 14th, 2023 10:06

@dmr0822​ hi I have a dell xps17L701x no I changed hard drive the code didn't go away and caused a blue screen it's a funny kind a blue screen my bios is totally blocked cant go in safe mode cant reinstall windows 7 all media ports don't function to give you a idea I succeeded to get co.and prompt and used disk part and used list disk the disk c was transferred to the system raw evry time I tried to do something to repair it would damage something else a normal blue screen would just shut you down and let you go to safe mode im suspected a virus that hides in the bios

No Events found!