Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2012 07:00

Error code: 2000-0146

Hi,

I have a lap top XPS  M1530  Bios System A09, when I switch it on I receive : Windows can not repair this computer automatically, unspecified changes to system configuration caused the , error code 0x490.

When I use Pre-Boot system Assessment(PSA) , I get :

error code: 0146

Msg: Error code: 2000-0146

Msg: Hard drive 1: Self test log contains previous e-mail.

Could anyone help me, Thanks a lot

Janet

March 2nd, 2013 17:00

I you read what I wrote... you are gonna find that I already performed the diagnostic and also reinstalled the OS.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 18:00

You need a new, 2.5" SATA notebook hard drive (9.5 or 7 mm in height).  Once you replace the drive, you'll need to install Windows and configure the system:

www.dell.com/.../ArticleView

March 11th, 2013 17:00

And question... my computer didnt come with a cd of windows... am I supposed to buy it again?? I have the serial number? Can I download it from microsoft and use that same serial #?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 11th, 2013 19:00

CarolinaGondra

If you reside in the US and are the registered owner of the computer, a disc containing the factory-installed operating system specific to your system, can be requested from HERE.

Note: Dell may make a charge for the disc.

If you don't reside in the US, contact Dell's Support that's located in your country. 

Bev.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 18th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

I have a lap top XPS  M1530  Bios System A09, when I switch it on I receive : Windows can not repair this computer automatically, unspecified changes to system configuration caused the , error code 0x490.

When I use Pre-Boot system Assessment(PSA) , I get :

error code: 0146

Msg: Error code: 2000-0146

Msg: Hard drive 0: Self test log contains previous e-mail.

Could anyone help me, Thanks a lot

Poghos

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 18th, 2013 12:00

Poghos

Error 0146 indicates a failed/failing hard drive or bad drive sector.   This means your hard drive will need to be replaced.

Bev.

2 Posts

July 18th, 2013 10:00

Hi, Dell-kalyan:

I follow you way, Click the "Custom Test", select the "Hardware drive" and click on "Run Tests" .

Then the Following Error happened:

Test Results Fail

Error Code : 0F00:1322

Msg: DISK  Block 1751680: Interrupt Request(IRQ) did

2 Posts

Hi,

I follow you way, and the following error happens

Error code 0F00:1322

Msg: DISK -BLOOK 1751680 : Interrupt Requst(IRQ) did not set in time

The drive failed to perform the confidence test properly. This may indicate that the drive needs to be replaced

750 Posts

Hi tomclock,

The error code you have mentioned indicates that the hard drive has encountered failure and it has to be replaced.

Refer the following link to check the computer’s warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

If the computer has active warranty, please send me the service tag and registered owner’s name on the computer in a Private Message. To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our expired warranty services to purchase/replace the compatible parts. Please refer the following link that has contact details for our Expired Warranty Services: http://dell.to/14FoBtb

July 18th, 2013 11:00

Hi i have a Dell XPS 17 3d (L02x) laptop. I was facing the same problem with the ditto error codes, even the MY DELL ICON on the Taskbar was red indicating the laptop HDD requires to be replaced. Then i found out this little software name "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" which is free of cost. Try to format the HDD and partition it using the tool mentioned. After this procedure my HDD is working like a brand new HDD, u have nothing to lose, go ahead try it. Please note that when i contacted the Dell Technical section they had asked me to replace the Hardware. Best of Luck

1 Message

August 14th, 2013 07:00

Hi, Dell-kalyan:

I had the same error, and i've do the same procedure, but my error code is:

Test Results Fail

Error Code : 0F00:065D

Msg: DISK_0  Selt - Test Read Error

It's in Dell Inspiron 1545

Thanks

750 Posts

August 14th, 2013 08:00

Hi gaviri,

Welcome to Dell community!

The error code that you have mentioned is also related to the hard drive and it indicates that the test has failed. Hard drive has to be replaced. Refer the following link to check the computer’s warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

If the computer has active warranty, please send me the service tag and registered owner’s name on the computer in a Private Message. To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our expired warranty services to purchase/replace the compatible parts. Please refer the following link that has contact details for our Expired Warranty Services: http://dell.to/14FoBtb

1 Message

April 11th, 2014 06:00

Here's where the real "disconnect" lies in the indecisive and non-consistent feedback and advice. NO ONE here is actually spelling out the true "NATURE" of the error code. 

"It could be a hard drive", "replace your hard drive", "run diagnostics and if you get it again, replace hard drive". All of these are what I call "SLAPSHOT answers"...  The person who started the forum asked the following question... "Can Anyone Help Me?" - What everyone gave her was a bunch of thrown data that was regurgitated from the help menus and Google searches. The REAL help never showed up...

First, the error code 2000-0146 only means there is "data corruption" - Plain and generic something happened and there was a skip in data transfer. 

Half of resolving a problem or finding a solution comes from the "understanding" of what took place to create the error in the first place. With over 30 plus years as a professional IT company owner, I can tell you that 97% of IT people talk WAAAAAAAY over the head of most laymen users who simply want a way to fix their problems... 

OK, now we're done ranting about the supposed help above... 

First, boot your system in "safe" mode and make sure you choose the one with internet connection. In today's world, the introduction of viruses and malware can wreak serious havoc on your computer and make all kinds of error codes pop up as it acts un-normal inside your system and the system doesn't know how to respond. 

I prefer to run ONLINE tests that are DIFFERENT than my current antivirus. For example, if I am using AVG or Kaspersky, then I'll go to Microtrend, eset, norton or any other "RECOGNIZED" name in the industry and use their online tool to inspect my system.  Here's why.. and remember the WHY is as powerful as the actual advice. 

Your antivirus system uses a certain protocol and filter to keep viruses off your system. "ALL" antivirus systems are subject to vulnerable limitations and this is what some viruses exploit. NO virus protection is 100% failproof, no matter what ANY IT professional tells you... 

So, with that said, the purpose of a "secondary antivirus check is that it uses a "different" logic/filter to gain a security. So if you run a secondary virus sweep it may find that virus which has a exploited strategy to get past your original protection.. :) 

Also, run malwarebytes. And GET RID of ANY and ALL of those other "supposedly free" tools that you downloaded on your system that professed to clean your system or protect you in someway. MOST of them are viruses themselves! 

Once you perform that test and clear anything found, next you'll want a good solid program that will fix any registration errors and clean up your system. I recommend iobit's Advanced System Care. It is FREE and although some CLAIM it has viruses, it does not! I have used it with my clients for over 7 years and its one of the greatest tools out there! Sure, it tries to get you to add Yahoo, and other stuff, but even Adobe Acrobat and other well known names do that.... Walk through the install very slowly and when it gets to the part where it wants to install that stuff, simply uncheck the express install and un-checkmark those boxes and now you have a very clean install and a GREAT tool. 

You'll find that clearing viruses/malware and then repairing the registry files, etc is about 90% of today's real computer problems. I buy on average 25 to 30 used computers/laptops a month that are supposedly unrepairable. I run a virus sweep and registry cleaner and I'm left with about 90% working units without one hardware repair. Sadly, thats a true story!!!!

If after removal of virus/malware and registry fix you still have issues, then you need to visit another area on your computer... Go to start, an on my computer in the right column RIGHT click on "my computer" and go to "MANAGE". (Remember, you'll have to be signed in as the "administrator" to see and use this tool.) 

Then, click on the little arrow to the LEFT of "event viewer" -  this opens the folders/tools that are under event viewer... There you will see in that drop down list of folders "Windows Logs" - Again, click on the arrow to the LEFT of "Windows Logs". This opens up another set of tools. 

Here you will find the HISTORY of your computer's actions much like a doctor examining a cardiogram to determine how someone's heart is performing... You may not understand everything here but look for yellow caution signs with an exclamation points or red circles with an exclamation point. Write down and Google some of the error references and find solutions online. 

Before abandoning your computer or worst yet, buying parts that someone else just recommends with a knee jerk reaction, take the time to genuinely troubleshoot your system and attempt to better understand your PC. 

I know, many of us never want to become IT professionals, and thats great! But you wouldn't own a car without knowing where the gas goes or how to check certain things, so why own a computer if you don't also know some basic troubleshooting skills as well... ;) 

If you get this far and can't figure it out, take it in to GeekSquad or a MicroCenter or get online and find a "REPUTABLE" IT professional in your area.. Remember, this is my profession and I can say this with total honesty... Less than 40% of this industry is REALLY competent to work on your system! Others THINK they're experts because they replace your hard drive and THINK they've done you a service... When in fact, they just falsely replaced something that wasn't broken in the first place!! 

Take your time, look around and learn the basics for yourself. Then, and only then, seek a professional for true guidance on how to proceed forward. 

1 Message

May 26th, 2014 19:00

Hello. Hopefully, you're still tuning in to this forum! I've had the same issue, followed your directions and received this error:

Error Code 0F00:0244

Msg: Disk_0 - Block 65144304: uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

Then its asking if I want to continue testing. The test progress is 13% and the overall progress is 22%. Could you help me with a possible diagnosis and next steps?

Thank you for your time and energy!

Chris

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 26th, 2014 20:00

CRStothard

The hard drive showing "Read Test",Error Code 0F00:0244 errors is failing/failed and you need to replace it.

Bev.

No Events found!