Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2008 09:00

Error message "eyqacss.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close".

I have a Dell Dimension E310 system that is about 3 yrs old and running XP Media Center OS.

When I boot my PC, I get a message that says "eyqacss.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".  I have no idea what is causing it but I have had some things going on that could be related: 

I was having a problem with my DVD drive - it would read CDs, but not DVDs and I know it did at one time but I'm just not sure when it quit. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong and I finally downloaded some software called Driver Genius - big mistake (I won't do that again!).  It changed my SigmaTel HD audio driver and messed up my sound.  I finally figured out how to download and reinstall the drive from the Dell site so I have it working again. Whew!  That was scary for a non technical person like me but I'm trying really hard to figure things out since I have retired and do not have the technical expertise from my coworkers anymore.  

The only other thing I have done to the system lately is to install the Service Pack 3.  I did have problems at first until I disabled my Webroot spy ware but after that it worked fine.  

It does not seem to be creating a problem other than the message comes up every time I boot.  Any ideas???

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 26th, 2008 18:00

Hi,

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 26th, 2008 18:00

Hi, DH:

When I Google "eyqacss.exe", nothing shows up. That's a sure sign you have some sort of virus or other malware. My suggestion would be to head over to the Hijackthis forum for help. Once that's all sorted out, then post an update and I'll try to help with your drive.

No Events found!