Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2016 09:00

Factory Resetting Dell Inspiron 5749

I have being trying to factory rest my Dell Inspiron 5749 laptop with no success, i downloaded Dell Backup and Recovery (DBAR) Application and installed it.

I ran the application and created a factory recovery media on a usb flash successfully.

I trayed to restore my laptop to the factory image without success and this note poped out (an error occured while selecting the system backup to restore).

I Left the flash memory attached to the laptop and restarted and pressing F12, entered the bios mode and selected boot from usb drive,the laptop buted from the flash drive and gived me the following error (IDS_ENVIRONMENT_INCOMPLETE) followed by another error (Restore7.exe-Application Error) followe by this text (The instructio at0x8fc1f43b referenced memory at 0x02ee6e80.The memory could not be read)

Note the system on my laptop is windows 10  64bit.

Any help

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 25th, 2016 15:00

Hi ihabameddell,

Please try one of these recovery options.

February 26th, 2016 22:00

Thank you for your effort

The system on my laptop is windows 10, why do i see this on the control panel

Because also when i created a system image and tried to restore my system the following massage appears ( the processor architecture or os version of windows recovery environment is not the same as that of the computer that was backed up ) ???? i am using windows 10 and i made the image by the same laptop.

Note point

When i purchased the the laptop it had a Windows8.1 single language installed and i upgraded it windows 10.

February 27th, 2016 00:00

I have also followed the instructions you gived me to

1-I tryed toRestore my computer to the Dell factory image using the Windows Recovery Environment,but when i select troubleshoot only two icons appears (reset this pc and advanced options), and i can not find ( Factory Image Restore.)

2-I also tryed t  Restore my Dell computer using Windows Push Button Reset and selected the (option to Remove everything ) it fails and give the massage nothing changed, but it works if i select keep my files it go back to orignal windows with most of dell drivers but without the dell apps that was previously installed.

I am very frustrated as my dell laptop is new and i paid $1200 for it which is not little.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 27th, 2016 03:00

So you have successfully restored Windows 10. Is that correct?

February 28th, 2016 00:00

I have being trying to (factory rest) my Dell Inspiron 5749 laptop with all the apps that was installed on the laptop.Not recovering windows 10

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 28th, 2016 06:00

Applications can be downloaded at My Dell Downloads.

February 28th, 2016 15:00

Which Partition contains the factory reset recovery

No Events found!