Highlighted
Jhudora
1 Copper

Frustrated.

I have a XPS1701X running Windows 7. I discovered a few weeks ago that my Disk Drive no longer worked. Its a Code 39, I've tried uninstalling and restarting, I've tried deleting the upper and lower filters, I've tried uninstalling recent updates, ran Dell's diagnostic, ect. Basically everything. when i uninstalled the drive and restarted, it said "HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CT30N failed, basically Device driver software was not successfully installed. I'm at my wits end. I am an Architectural Engineer and basically don't have a disk drive. This is a problem. Somebody please help me!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Re: Frustrated.

Hi Jhudora,

It can be annoying with technical issues like this and i can understand the importance of the computer for an Engineer. Let me try resolving this issue for you.

There are several causes of Code 39 errors:

• A required device driver is missing.
  • A required binary file is corrupted.
  • There is a problem with the file I/O process.
  • A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.

I recommend updating firmware for the DVD drive. I have provided a link below for firmware update:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-17?driverId=523CM&osCode=W764...

Download:

• Click [Download Now]
  •  Saves the file on your desktop.

Install:

• Double-click the new icon on the desktop. (For example labeled CT30N-A101.zip)  
  • Extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\CT30N-A101(Example path)Choose update file from [Win] if you install in Windows environment or [DOS] folder if you install in DOS environment.
  • Double-click the installation file and follow the on-screen installation instructions.  If the issue still persists, kindly private message me the service tag.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/zEE2Cm

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos
RoshanD
1 Copper

RE: Frustrated.

Hi,

I am also having the same issue with my blue ray drive on my Dell XPS 15" laptop having Windows 7. The BD drive just doesn't get recognized.

I wanted to try the firmware upgrade available here : http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/xps-17?driverId=523CM&osCode=W764... but it happens to be for 32-bit Windows only.

On my 64-bit windows, it fails saying "FLASH32N.EXE is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.".

How should I do the firmware upgrade for BD drive? Is there a 64-bit version of the same?

Thanks in advance,

Roshan

0 Kudos