I have SAS window; winlogon.exe - Application error
It keep rebooting and no matter if I go to safe mode or last known ; it still cannot get into the system at all.
Please help, I have Dell Dimension 9150 with 3 gig of mem. I hav been using the machine for a while.
You might need your Dell XP reinstallation disc, so make sure you have that.
If you cannot boot to safe mode or last known, then you have a more serious problem. What I want you to do first is boot to your Dell drivers and utilities disc and run the Dell diagnostics on your hard drive to rule out a hardware problem. To test your hard drive using your Dell Drivers and Utilities disc:
1. Reboot your system. When you see the Dell logo, hit F12 to enter the boot menu.
2. Insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc in your CD/DVD drive.
3. Pick the option to boot from the CD/DVD drive.
4. You will be prompted to hit any key to continue booting from the CD/DVD drive.
5. You will be prompted to hit 1 to run the Dell diagnostics. You may see two such menus.
6. Select Test System.
7. Select Custom Test.
7. Use the arrow keys or mouse to select your hard drive.
9. Click Run Tests.
10. Write down any error messages.