Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2009 17:00

GSA-H21N DVD/RW not reading dvd but reads CDs

Hi DVD/RW rom on my  Dell Dimension 3100 is not reading dvds but reads CDs its a hitachi/LG ROM (GSA-H21N rom vesion A105) anyone knows what to do? Do it need to to a driver update I couldnt find the correct driver that match version A105? help!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 8th, 2009 17:00

DVD and CD drivers are included with Windows. Sometimes there are firmware updates listed under drivers at Dell Support, but these are not drivers and should be applied with caution only if you are directed by a support tech. If you can read cd's, there might be something wrong with the dvd you are trying to use. Try a known dvd that has worked fine before. BTW, Your model is not a ROM model, which means read only. It's a dvd-cd writer.

3 Posts

March 9th, 2009 02:00

Hi Mary I tried a known DVD that works in my other machine. In fact I tried several DVDs but no luck. It reads any CD format( VCD/data CD). I  tried data DVD & VideoDVD both failed.

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2009 20:00

I have the EXACT same problem. Were you able to find a solution? I have this problem on TWO identical computers!!!

3 Posts

May 26th, 2009 20:00

I have the EXACT same problem. Were you able to find a solution? I have this problem on TWO identical computers!!!

No not yet, I tried all possible options to make this work but no solution so far. I’m thinking of replacing the DV/RW

No Events found!