cleopete
1 Copper

Re: HDD Password Removal

Jump to solution

Looks like this thread has gone on for a while.  I am an IT with a school district, and a kid set an admin and an HD password.  I've since discovered there is no simple CMOS clearing option, and the drive is also a paperweight now.  Dell is unwilling to provide support for an OOW device, leaving us with an expensaive brick which isn't realluy broken, but still useless.  This is a level of security we neither required nor asked for, but now we're up a creek.  Surely there must be some way of recovering this laptop?  I don't care about preserving data, we discourage the kids from keeping anything on the devices anyway.  I just want to re-image and go home! 

I've given up on the mobo, and pulled the screen to repair another laptop I can still boot into.  Don't want to toss a 500GB drive though.  I'm hoping Dell changes the power supplies soon, then my boss will have no reason to keep ordering them (we have a LOT of power cords, going back to the days of the Lattitude D530).

0 Kudos
Mohmand
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi this my Latitude E6320 locked with Bios HDD posword it is my serviceyag <Service Tag removed> 
Express Service Code: <Express service code removed>

Email <Email id removed>

Plz help me

0 Kudos
fakeIT
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi I'm New sorry, I had formatted my HDD then  my PC BIOS HDD isn't accepting my HDD (by setting BIOS) password I guess my password had been lost when I format HDD a it isn't accepting true password too now. What can I do, Thanks...

0 Kudos
crosfire1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

dell E6320 HDD password required..?

0 Kudos
fakeIT
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My PC Dell Latitude E6430, Thanks...

0 Kudos
nthuynhdps
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello bro help me password hard drive dell latitude E5450 Service tag : <Service Tag removed> Thanks bro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ram.rao
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello sir. My dell Inspiron mini 1018 is asking for HDD password when I turn it on and I couldn't remember password. My laptop service tag is 1NVDVM1. Can you please help me solve this issue

0 Kudos