Highlighted
Not applicable

HDD adding

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I add one HDD to my OptiPlex 755 and when i'm starting PC it said that hdd replacement is unvalid and i need to call Dell. What i need to do?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
7- Gold

Re: HDD adding

Jump to solution

Ok, boot to the BIOS and there will be a setting to ignore errors or continue when there are errors. Something like that.

8 Replies
7- Gold

Jump to solution

Hi Gadich,

I assume you mean that you added a second hard drive but kept the original drive as the system/boot drive. Is that right? Can you provide the make/model of the new drive?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It's SeaGate 7200.11

0 Kudos
7- Gold

Jump to solution

You did not answer my question. Are you adding this as a second drive or are you replacing the existing system drive?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It's 600GB, it\s - second.   After loading BIOS it said that i can't replace HDD and i need to call Dell, but if i press F1, windows starting.

0 Kudos
7- Gold

Jump to solution

All hard drives installed in the desktop chassis with two drives must be Western Digital or Samsung hard drives, due to thermal constraints. You can continue to use this drive but be sure all data is backed up to another location.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

all data is backed up, there is no problem.. problem with the message after bios load, how can i delete the message, because pc don't start without pressing F1 and i can't reboot pc via remote desktop, because of this message...

0 Kudos
7- Gold

Jump to solution

Ok, boot to the BIOS and there will be a setting to ignore errors or continue when there are errors. Something like that.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yeah, thanks, how can i miss it)))))

0 Kudos