Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2009 00:00

HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA10N ATA drive burning error

Hi, recently my drive for my dell studio xps 16 is acting strange. I have been trying to burn some dvds and it isnt working correctly. I have tried several programs already and they have all failed in the same way. Each time it gets to about 50% or so of the cd it fails and it gets an error. It seems to be an hardware error but i am not sure because the first couple times i burned dvds it worked fine but recently it seems to be acting up. I have posed the model of my drive in the topic if anyone can help me please offer any advice.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 29th, 2009 17:00

Hi, v4vamp:

Please tell me what program you're using to burn DVDs, and what brand, speed and type of discs (+ or -, R or RW).

2 Posts

June 29th, 2009 22:00

Hi, osprey4

I am using the red HP DVD-R 16x, and the programs i have tried so far are nero, roxio, imgburn and convertxtodvd. I have tried burning at my max 8x and lowest 4x.

9 Posts

October 6th, 2010 10:00

oh yeah it just came to me .... burn something else like a word doc or something ... as your files maybe corrupted enough that it errors out the disc burning

9 Posts

btw ... what does the error actually say?

9 Posts

Sometimes issues can arise from too many burning programs on your system, if you burned discs before and they worked ... then you may have installed another burning program that messed things up.... if you can remeber the last one installed... uninstall it... or just have one installed. Another issue could be the disc, have you tried another disc... because sometimes the actual disc may be a non working one from the factory, the speed should not be an issue because your burner is quite new and will adjust to either a lower speed of disc or if the disc is higher speed it will only burn as faster as the burner can, you can also try burning the disc at a very low speed instead of 8X try 4X or 2X.... it may take along time though. see if this helps ya

No Events found!