Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2008 21:00

HL-DT-St cdrw/dvd GCCH10N ata drive

Hi, I'm having problems with my cdrw/dvd drive, it will recognise cd's but will not recognise dvd's.............it was working earlier but when I first received my computer I was having some problems with it........seemed to work for awhile.........what can I do...........I am also running vista premium. thank you........my computer is an inspiron d530, I also have 2 drive....one....cdrw/dvd rom, and dvdrw drive.

Message Edited by kittykat9655 on 01-27-2008 05:14 PM

15.3K Posts

January 27th, 2008 21:00

Hi Kittykat,

I am assuming the issue is with the DVD/CD-RW drvie, the GCC-H10N, is it not reading DVD movies, or any type of DVD disc? Mind you, it cannot read blank DVD`s.

Have you tried the Dell firmware located here?
Gcc-H10N it is suppose to address an issue with Vista.

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do
and the eyesight to tell the difference.

CD/RW Link

Message Edited by Predator on 01-27-2008 06:39 PM

January 27th, 2008 23:00

Thank you , Thank you , Thank you The download worked I really appreciate your help Cathy

15.3K Posts

January 28th, 2008 13:00

Glad to hear the news Cathy !!

Best of luck with your system...

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

April 18th, 2010 12:00

Oh and I forgot to say that my system is Windows Vista Home Premium 32

April 18th, 2010 12:00

HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC H10N SCSI CDROM DEVICE

Hi, above is what i'm working with. When I first got the computer it worked perfectly. I problem is when I try to burn a personal cd in Windows Media Player it goes through the proper steps to burn the cd. When its completed, I take it out to try to play it in another cd player and it has nothing on it. When I put it back into the computer, it reads it as a blank cd. My drive isn't reading the cd, although it says its burning a cd, it really isn't. It's not reading the cds nor is it writing to the cd. I've done everything that I possibly could to resolve this problem. I restored my computer back to the dell factory setting, diagnostics test, added updates, and so on. Can somebody please help me.

No Events found!