7- Gold

Re: Hard Disc Drive is running 20% slower?

Jump to solution

Hi Poodleinacan,

Is the system still under warranty? When you ran the Dell diagnostics, did you run all the tests or just the hard drive?

0 Kudos
Poodleinacan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I ran all the tests.

I still have the warranty.

On the first page, there's a picture a user posted... Well, I get the same thing.
0 Kudos
7- Gold

Jump to solution

Ok, I'd like to make sure your important files are backed up if at all possible. I realize you have a lot of Fraps video so I hope you at least have a large enough backup drive for the important stuff.

The next thing is to contact Dell tech support and provide the list of problems being reported. They may (I'm not sure) ask you to restore the operating system using the Dell OS restore utility.

Seems very strange to have so many problems at once, so I'm wondering if there is some sort of background issue.

0 Kudos
Poodleinacan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I read in a previous post that I probably have a malware...

I will need to remove it.

0 Kudos
7- Gold

Jump to solution

If you restore the OS, that may take care of the problem.

0 Kudos
Poodleinacan
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

And restoring the OS will remove my game downloads and files and such?...

I might have a malware... Presently waiting faiting for an answer on a log, on what I could do to remove it, without any reformating or such...I hope...

But if I really need to reinstall the OS, I will.........

0 Kudos
stonent
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

As was stated above, Dell no longer has a malware removal support area on this site, you will unfortunately have to seek one out.

0 Kudos
Bugbatter
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Perhaps it would save time by registering and posting this issue at SpywareHammer or a similar forum where hardware and malware issues can be addressed on one site. Dell Community currently does not have a Malware Removal forum.

There are malware removal options listed at the top of this forum:  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522.aspx

Windows Insider MVP 2016 -

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional

0 Kudos