Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 21st, 2014 04:00

Hard drive status being displayed as "Failed" in Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hello,

Intel Rapid Storage Technology is displaying my disk status as "failed". I tried to ran dell online diagnostics, but the diagnostics wont start at all. I also performed Enhanced Pre-Boot System Diagnostics (ePSA) in thorough mode, but it did not detect any errors. Is the hard disk vulnerable to damage ? Please guide further. Also tell me how to run the dell online diagnostics tool. Screen shots of the errors are here : http://sdrv.ms/1dQoCCI

Service Tag : [ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy]  

Email : [ADMIN NOTE: Email ID removed per TOU policy]

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 21st, 2014 13:00

Hi Digesh,

First, all hard drives are subject to failure at any time, so backing up your data is always important. It's hard for me to tell from your pictures what exactly is the problem. Please boot to your Dell drivers and utilities disc and run the Dell diagnostics on both your hard drive and your mSATA drive from there. That's the best way to tell if there is a hardware problem.

22 Posts

January 21st, 2014 20:00

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I don't have Dell drivers and utilities disc so I am unable to perform the Dell diagnostics that you asked for. Please guide me in detail to perform the necessary diagnostic.

Sorry to quote email id and service tag as I was not aware of the same.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2014 07:00

Go to downloads and get the diagnostics for your system. The download can be used to create a bootable CD or flash drive, from which you can perform the test.

22 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 18:00

As I said earlier, I ran the dell Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment (ePSA) diagnostics which didn't detect any errors. I have also installed the "My Dell" application downloaded from dell. I also performed diagnostics using "My Dell"; which could not detect any errors. As you said, I created a botable flash drive, but I could not perform any tests using it.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 17:00

Well, of course there is no problem with continuing to use the drive as long as your data is backed up. It may continue to work for a while. I've seen hard drives with SMART errors go for months.

22 Posts

July 6th, 2015 19:00

Sorry for not reverting back. I think there isn't any problem with my hard drive. Probably it was a software glitch. Everything is back to normal.

No Events found!