Storage, Drives & Media

2 Bronze

I am not able to use my DVD CDR drive

When I go into devices to look at it, it shows as unavailable the following message is there.  Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
9 Rhodium

When I go into devices to look at it, it shows as unavailable the following message is there.  Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

barbwilkerson42

Please post the computer model and the version of windows that's installed?

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
2 Bronze

Thank you very much.  When I followed the instructions, the drive is back and available.  Really appreciate the help.  I spent 2 days trying to fix it unsuccessfully, just a few minutes with your instructions and it was done.

View solution in original post

Replies (6)
9 Rhodium

barbwilkerson42

Please post the computer model and the version of windows that's installed?

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

inspiron 15, i3

2 Bronze

The Version of Windows is Windows 7, the laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5040

9 Rhodium

barbwilkerson42

Try using the procedures for Code 19 Win 7, listed here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0c39bd2a-3949-4c25-8e01-4ec10fed3965/cdrom-...

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

2 Bronze

Thank you very much.  When I followed the instructions, the drive is back and available.  Really appreciate the help.  I spent 2 days trying to fix it unsuccessfully, just a few minutes with your instructions and it was done.

9 Rhodium

barbwilkerson42

Pleased to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for the heads up.

Bev.

Forum Member since 2001

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions