Mister Peacock
1 Copper

I can write on CD but not on DVD

I tried to copy a load of photo's on DVD, using NERO Express. Everything works fine but when I check the DVD afterwards it is empty. I tried the same with a CD and then it works. Somebody from the Nero forum suggested:

"That problem is usually remedied by updating the firmware for your drive. Unfortunately, there's no website for updating Matishita drive firmware. If you have a laptop, I recommend going to the laptop vendors' support webiste and checking for newer firmware (In most cases, the firmware is referred to as drivers and that is incorrect since firmware and drivers are two different things but go with the flow)."

Who can help me with this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: I can write on CD but not on DVD

Hi Mister Peacock,

I'm not sure if you have already gone to the main support site and checked for a firmware update, or if you need help finding one. If you need help, please provide the model of your Dell, the model of your DVD drive and your operating system.

0 Kudos
Mister Peacock
1 Copper

Hello

I was on the main support site but it's too complicated for me emoticon.Sad.title

I have: Inspiron Desktop (3847, Early 2013), MATSHITA DVD+-RW SW830, Microsoft Windows 8.1

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I see no firmware for that drive. 

Tell me about the DVDs you're using. What brand, speed, etc.

Also tell me about the version of Nero Express. I haven't used this since XP. Does your version support 8.1?

0 Kudos
Mister Peacock
1 Copper

DataTrack DVD+R 4.7 GB 4x speed

NERO 2015 Platinum, yes supports 8.1

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Wow, 4x, huh? No, I definitely do not recommend those. Pretty much all current DVD media is 16x. I hope you don't have a huge spindle.

Amazon offers some of the lowest prices on DVD media for top-ranked brands like Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Sony and others. 

Nero is a great application, so if you're having problems, it's definitely the media.

0 Kudos