Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2012 16:00

I used to be your biggest cheerleader but now I have to ask, has Dell just gone down the tubes?

When I got this computer, it had all sorts of issues. I spent hours on the phone with tech support and it never worked right so I reinstalled the OS completely and it has been better. Today, the mouse quit working. Went to the website first, no help. Chatted, no help. Called tech support and all the guy could do was argue with me. I am not an idiot and I will not be treated like one. This computer is still under warranty and I just want to go on record publicly to request an RMA for the broken mouse. I don't expect to get one or be treated with respect but I do want to make sure it is clear that I am still due a functioning mouse.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 28th, 2012 17:00

Hi Julie,

Sorry to hear that, but I can certainly try to get you some help. Would you please tell me the model of your Dell?

31 Posts

August 28th, 2012 19:00

It's the mouse - that came with an XPS 8300. I just need an RMA so I can get the replacement under the warranty.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

August 29th, 2012 07:00

Let me see if I can get you some help.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 29th, 2012 09:00

The mouse would usually come with a plastic bag with Dell Part number.

What is the DPN of the mouse?  Is it wired or a Wireless Mouse?

31 Posts

August 29th, 2012 12:00

I'll see if I can get to the storage unit where this might be some time in the next couple of weeks.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 30th, 2012 05:00

Wired or Wireless mouse?

No Events found!