I have an Inspiron 600m and recently began getting the Blue Screen of Death. I ran a diagnostic and got the error codes 0F00:0228, 0F00:0428, and 0F00:0462.
This is a laptop I use to run my small business. I have the files I need backed up, but need to be able to use the lap top. Can someone help me with the following questions:
1) Do I need a new hard drive? Depends. WHERE in the diagnostic process did you get the error codes? If during the hard drive test, then YES, you need a new one.
2) If so, where would the best place to get one be? Newegg.
3) Do you need special tools/experience to replace the hard drive? No. Click on Tech Support tab above, the Manuals.
4) Would reformatting the laptop help? Not in the slightest.
5) Where can I get instructions for reformatting? Posted many times per day on the forum, also the Tech Support tab above has reinstall guides.
With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...