Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2022 14:00

Inspiron 7570 Missing Drivers after using Dell OS Recovery process

Had to replace HDD in my uncles 7570 laptop and used the USB OS Recovery process to install to the new drive.  All went fine through the entire reinstall until I checked the Device Manager and found under Other Devices the following 3 that were missing drivers code 28 in properties on all.  

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

PCI Memory Controller

SM Bus Controller

Have checked the individual drivers located on the Dell site but nothing found for these...  Anyone have any suggestions...  Thanks.

5.6K Posts

March 29th, 2022 15:00

@22_Falcon wrote:

Had to replace HDD in my uncles 7570 laptop and used the USB OS Recovery process to install to the new drive.  All went fine through the entire reinstall until I checked the Device Manager and found under Other Devices the following 3 that were missing drivers code 28 in properties on all.  

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

PCI Memory Controller

SM Bus Controller

Have checked the individual drivers located on the Dell site but nothing found for these...  Anyone have any suggestions...  Thanks.

Should be under chipset category

2 Posts

March 29th, 2022 18:00

Thanks nyc10036. 

I had downloaded the chipset drivers and installed them all including the one for temp monitors but for what ever reason they didn't work first time around.  Went back again and downloaded a second copy of that particular driver.  I tried it again and with a reboot no more not found driver issue.

Thanks for responding, appreciated.

5.6K Posts

March 29th, 2022 19:00

@22_Falcon wrote:

Thanks nyc10036. 

I had downloaded the chipset drivers and installed them all including the one for temp monitors but for what ever reason they didn't work first time around.  Went back again and downloaded a second copy of that particular driver.  I tried it again and with a reboot no more not found driver issue.

Thanks for responding, appreciated.

I am glad you have the laptop working again.

No Events found!