Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2010 09:00

Intel SSD on Latitude E6410?

I tried to add a 160GB Intel SSD to a new E6410 and the bios does not recognize it, no matter where the SATA setting is in the bios... AHCI, ATA, RAID, etc.

No primary device in bios.

I used acronis to move my data to the drive so I know it works.

Any ideas?

1 Message

May 22nd, 2016 15:00

THANKS!

It's always the simple thing like "Is it plugged in" 

As soon as you said "it isn't physically connected properly" I said to myself that is why the back retaining screw didn't have anything to grab on to.

All I did was turn it right side up and I could feel it grab and now it works fine.

Cheers

2 Posts

June 24th, 2018 10:00

I've had the same problem, and it works with ssd samsung evo 850 240 gb

1 Message

October 9th, 2019 08:00

Have an old E6410 used as an irrigation controller.  The hard drive died so I replaced it with a Kingston 240GB A400 SSD.  It is slightly shorter than the original hard drive, so the only way to get the connector to engage is to NOT use the cover piece (which holds it out too far).  Also, the holes in the back don't quite align - if I insert the screws, they pull the drive out slightly and it is no longer seated.  Right now it is just sitting in there with no support.  Since this is used in a fixed environment it is not a big issue, but slightly annoying.  Not sure why the SSD manufacturers don't make their drives the same length as original drives.  By the way, in replacing the drive I upgraded to Win10 and BIOS A17 and everything is working great - feels like a new laptop!  

1 Message

November 18th, 2019 13:00

Thanks!  It's a .99c spacer you can get off ebay from china that you stick to the ssd to take up the slack in the slot.  Luckily I had one on an old non working ssd that I peeled off and stuck on my new Hyundai Saphire, and it fired right up.

No Events found!