Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2013 23:00

Internal hdd SOFT error Fixed by Retries

Hi

I have a Dell Lattitude  D810 and the error i am facing is that when i switch on the laptop  after POST process the Error  occur that Internal hdd  SOFT error Fixed by Retries  now What should i do

Waiting for kind reply

Regard

Mehmood

1.5K Posts

September 18th, 2013 23:00

Hi Mehmood,

Try releasing the residual charge from the system, here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter. Try to restart the computer and check.

Also, run diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

If you are comfortable opening the system, try removing and reseating the hard drive. Please refer to the Service Manual of this system for instructions on assembling and dis-assembling the hardware components. Follow the 'Safety Guidelines' listed on the manual to help protect your computer from potential damage and to help ensure your own personal safety.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!