Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

September 19th, 2004 19:00

MYDVD Program

MYDVD sonic program installs ok but error when i try to restart computer after install,   program has never been run, and i have installed a new motherboard. DELL Dim4550 P4

ERROR look like this:

The precedure entrypoint_preview deliver sample@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library preview.dll

reinstalled twice. after install and when restart is attempted a blue screen comes up with this error and i then must choose to pick best last config...then all is ok...??????

15.3K Posts

September 19th, 2004 21:00

Hi Zapone,

If you uninstall the Sonic program, does the system boot properly, no more BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) ?

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

5 Posts

September 20th, 2004 00:00

Thanks

The computer is booting and running normal.

I click on the MYDVD icon to run the exe.

I get the above message as stated.

So I uninstall, and reinstall.

At the end of the reinstall process I need to restart

At the restart

I get the blue screen that says all processes have stopped in order not to damage computer.

And if I installed new hardware or software to uninstall.

And to restart computer

I shut off the computer and turn it on

I get a safe mode screen and a choice to go back to last good configuration

I choose that option and then the computer continues to boot normal

I have gone through this process 3 times.

And I’m back where I began.

When I click on the MYDVD icon to open the program I get the above error.

As a small screen, and I click ok and the computer runs normal.

So, the only time I get the blue screen is when I uninstall, reinstall and the restart.

Then I get the blue screen,

I then shut off the computer,

Turn it on,

And I get the safe mode screen

I choose "back to last good config"

And it then continues to boot normal.

BUT..I stiil get the error (a small sheet comes up) above when i try to run the program.

I hope that is clear.

The DVD rw drive works normal.

5 Posts

September 20th, 2004 19:00

dell support suggested doing a repair using the XP cd.

I did the repair and still have the same problem: when I try to run the MYDVD program i get the error.

i'm not going to try to uninstall and reinstall since I have already tried that several times. and when I do, I get the blue screen and must go bact to previous good boot config. and then i still have the same problem...

2.8K Posts

September 20th, 2004 22:00

zapone,
You may want to post your issue in the Other Software conference. It doesn't appear you're dealing with a hardware problem.

15.3K Posts

September 20th, 2004 23:00

Zapone,

Ron is totally correct on this issue and normally I would end here, but I dug this up so I`ll go ahead and post it. Print it out and save it, then post as Ron suggested.

A repair Install Windows X "fixes" XP and most of the time will not effect other software, Windows updates, yes..
Sometimes a uninstall will not completely remove all the files and if a corrupt file is one of these, the reinstall may not overwrite this file, so you at times end up in sort of a loop.
These instructions are for a complete uninstall of MyDVD & Recordnow.

Title
Clean Install Instructions for DVDit! / MyDVD

Description
If a normal uninstall / install doesn't seem to solve a fundamental problem

Symptom
Errors when launching the program; or problems installing, such as serial number issues

Solution
Start by Removing MyDVD/DVDit! using the Add/Remove utility in Windows.

THEN

1. Uninstall previous version of DVDit/MyDVD from your machine. Manually delete all the files as follows.

a) Delete the "Sonic Solutions" folder (for DVDit!); If you own MyDVD, only delete the MyDVD folder within the
"Sonic" folder in your C drive's Program Files folder.

b) ******IF and ONLY if you cannot install the software completely or when the installer is looping or freezing
perform this operation:

Delete the following folders, if present, from the "InstallShield
Installation Information" folder found in your Program Files folder:

3b24d221-448e-11d4-a499-0050da6e827c
3b24d251-448e-11d4-a499-0050da6e827c
3b24d24f-448e-11d4-a499-0050da6e827c
634281f2-7383-11d4-981d-005004b3cc15
5E835305-63BB-4E55-BBB7-EEBBE67774DB
b8b2858e-77a4-4199-8108-d24befe7ec1d

2). Registry Edit instructions:

a) Select the "Start" menu-->Select "Run"--->Type: regedit. Click Ok

b) Open the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" folder (if it doesn't exist, don't worry about it)---> Open the "Software"
folder--->Select the "Sonic Solutions" (for DVDit!) or "Sonic" folder (for MyDVD), right click on it and delete
it.

c) Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder---> Open the "Software" folder-->Select the Sonic Solutions" (for
DVDit!) or "Sonic" folder (for MyDVD), right click on it and delete it.

3). Reboot your computer (stops services so registry can be written
correctly)

4). Re-install software

^^^^^
Clean re-install of Recordnow
Note: These instructions apply specifically to Windows XP and Windows 2000.

To perform a clean reinstallation of RecordNow.

1) Uninstall the current copy of RecordNow and Update Manager using the "Add/Remove Programs," control panel.

2) Delete the "RecordNow," folder from your hard drive. (By default this is located inside: C:\Program Files\Sonic\)

3) Edit the Registry to remove entries relating specifically to RecordNow. (As a precaution, please export any registry entries before deleting them.)

a. To start the Registry Editor, click on "Start," click on to "Run," type "regedit," and click "OK."
b. Open the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" folder. (If this folder does not exist, proceed to step f.)
c. Open the "Software" folder.
d. Open the "Sonic" folder.
e. Right-click on the "RecordNow" folder and select delete.
f. Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder.
g. Open the "Software" folder.
h. Open the "Sonic" folder.
i. Right-click on the "RecordNow" folder and select delete.
j. Close the Registry Editor.

4) Open C:\Documents and Settings\-username-\Application Data\Sonic and right click on RecordNow and select delete.

5) Restart your computer.

6) Reinstall RecordNow.

Best Regards,

Jeff

5 Posts

September 21st, 2004 14:00

Thanks for that great reply.

I have scratched all the hair off my head puzzling over this problem.

Let me start over.

I want to make a copy of a DVD. (A research DVD ) Perfectly legal.

I need to get sofware that will do that. (i'll just trash sonic MYDVD)

I have now tried DVD shrink and DVD decrypter as suggested by others.

They both worked great untill I tried to burn the DVD. At that point it could not recognise the disk, but does see the drive nec DVD+rw 1100A

I also tried DVDClone and that could not recognise the media (drive door opens after trying to start burn) ??

Can that drive accept a DVD-R (I have -R DVD'd) or do I need to use a DVD+R  ????? 

Please answer that question. I have reviewed all the posted info and still unsure...

Is Nero the software to use? any other suggestions for doing a simple DVD direct copy?That being said, Back to MYDVD sonic ...

I do not have "Record Now"  installed, The sonic tech support tells me there is a conflict with roxio and sonic record now. so Dell only loads roxio 5 creator and MYDVD ...I have never had MYDVD working. but the roxio works great, and i have no problem burning CD's.(both CD-rw and DVD-rw drives work)

Thanks again for all your help. I will continue to resolve the problem with MYDVD, but not now. I need to get software that will do a simple DVD copy....

You pointed me to the Software forum...OK i'll go there asap....thanX!!

5 Posts

September 21st, 2004 16:00

Specs for NEC DVD+rw 1100A

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/p46434/en/specs.htm

Nec drive Will not write to DVD -R

So What can I do with these 25 DVD -R's ????  be nice!

Message Edited by zapone on 09-21-2004 11:20 AM

2.8K Posts

September 22nd, 2004 17:00

zapone,
You could try selling the DVD-R's on eBay. Either that or they may make nice (if expensive) coasters. I usually reserve that honor for AOL CDs. 

42 Posts

September 29th, 2004 20:00

Regarding Step 1: You only want to burn the Video_TS folder. If it's a MyDVD session, then it will have to be the folders Jacket_P, VIdeo_TS, OpenDVD...

42 Posts

September 29th, 2004 20:00

Hey Zapone,

I think I can kill a few birds here:

1) MyDVD will not copy your discs becuase that isn't it's function. HOWEVER, if the DVD's are NOT encrypted (copyrighted), what you can do is explore the DVD you want to copy , drage the Video_TS folder onto a new folder of your hard drive and then use RecordNow or Roxio to burn it a sa data disc. It should work fine.

2) The preview.dll is specific to MyDVD. It's a function of the app and usually means that the file never got installed at all for some reason or the wrong location. Try searching your PC for it and see if it pops up. If it doesn't, you knwo why your getting the error error. If it does show up in the search, drop the file into MyDVD's prgram folder and see if it works.

3) Copying discs to disc has it's own set of limitaions as goin from one type of DVd to another isn't always supported ina ll apps. -R discs are considerd to be the most compatible becuase +R has only been out for a couple of years and not all set top players will read them well. If you are copying an unencypted disc, make sure you are copying tot he same type as your source. Other wise, you'll have to Step 1 explaine above and copy from there.

-G-

No Events found!