Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2009 13:00

My DVD/CD Burner Disc Drive will not read anything it also beeps and makes a weird woosh scratch

I own a Inspiron E1705 rarely gives me any grief. I was in the middle of burning a cd from itunes when yippee itunes ran into an issue and began saying to insert a disk (there was one in it) when I tried to put a new disc in it wouldn't open and itunes wouldn't respond. Itunes was ended now and disc drive eventually opened, I thought yay maybe problems solved *gasp* it wasn't. Disc Drive D: became locked so I restarted my computer now to find out my DISC DRIVE CANNOT READ ANYTHING!!! Every type of disc does the same thing NO ERROR MESSAGE and I can get into the Disc Drive D: folder. ALL DISCS beep, flash and follow up with a whooshy scratch. At least drive opens and shuts lol. I have tried a system restore along with cleaning the drive didn't work. I wonder now am I ever gonna be able to use a cd/dvd/*rom again. Please Help me!!!

Thank you for your time in reading this, any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition w/ service pack 3

Dell inspiron 9400/ E1705 Intel CPU T2400 @1.83GHz 1.00GB of RAM

DVD/CD-ROM Drives: Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A

Device Upper filter: redbook and Lower filter: imapi

Hardware Ids: IDE\CdRomSONY_DVD+-RW_DW-Q58A____________________UDS2____
IDE\SONY_DVD+-RW_DW-Q58A____________________UDS2____
IDE\CdRomSONY_DVD+-RW_DW-Q58A____________________
SONY_DVD+-RW_DW-Q58A____________________UDS2____
GenCdRom

Hope that Helps.

3.6K Posts

May 23rd, 2009 15:00

Delete the Upper and Lower filters  here,  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461  .

No Events found!