Highlighted
bobbywarren
1 Copper

My DVD-RW drive recognizes my DVD-R as a CD-Rom and the multimedia audio controller in device manager has a yellow mark.

I'm having a problem burning dvds.  I have a DVD-RW drive and when I insert a DVD+R, the drive's name changes to CD-ROM, so when I burn a dvd from Nero 7 and then try to open the disc, there nothing there and the property shows the disc is full.   When I insert some of my older DVD videos, they open as a dvd+r without any problems.  I checked in Device Manager and found yellow marks on the Multimedia Audio Controller.  I have tried to update it and the computer can't find it and I don't have a disc.  I don't know if the Multimedia Audio Controller is the problem, but that's the only thing that shows something negative on it.  I appreciate any help you can give me, thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Gold

Re: My DVD-RW drive recognizes my DVD-R as a CD-Rom and the multimedia audio controller in device manager has a yellow mark.

Hi Bobbywarren,

First, I need to know the model of your Dell, your operating system, and the model of your DVD drive.

In Windows XP, it is normal for a DVD drive to appear as a "CD-ROM" when you insert a blank DVD disc, since XP cannot write to DVD media.

0 Kudos