Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2010 13:00

No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

My Laptop is Dell Latitude D600 (A16) Everytime I tried to power up, Splash screen appears with blue bar and when going into next screen this message appears " No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility "  so I clicked on F1 and this " No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility " kept on coming up over and over again. Any idea how can I fix it?

887 Posts

May 14th, 2010 15:00

Anything happen just prior to this?  Unit dropped?  Try running diagnostics on hard drive to see what it says.  Remove and carefully reseat hard drive and see if it boots.  Re-run diagnostics... if it says fail, then time to replace.

1 Message

November 5th, 2010 03:00

Hej

I had the same problem, and fixed it by my suprice, by  disable the " Internal HDD" in BIOS. (spacebar)

When i Esc and saved, Windows starts up like nothingever happened !!!

If I go back and enable the HDD in BIOS, the same error accours again.

Hej

Rajdaj

1 Message

January 12th, 2011 12:00

Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility.. This keeps coming up.

Dell XPS

14.4K Posts

January 12th, 2011 14:00

My Laptop is Dell Latitude D600 (A16) Everytime I tried to power up, Splash screen appears with blue bar and when going into next screen this message appears " No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility "  so I clicked on F1 and this " No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility " kept on coming up over and over again. Any idea how can I fix it?

Have a look in bios. Do you see your hdd volume?

If it's not then try reseating the drive in the first instance and report back.

No Events found!